How to correct wrong entries in birth certificate

The birth certificate is important because it is a document that can be a way of having legal identification.

In addition, the birth certificate is required to obtain other documents such as a passport, requirements in school or work.
That’s why it is important to check your documents it as early as possible or double check every entry  you write to avoid clerical errors.
Usually, the common errors are the spelling of the name, date of birth, or gender of the certificate holder.
List of Common errors in Birth Certificate
The filing of petition for renewal in the civil registration office must be filed where the individual’s birth certificate is registered. Petition for correction of entry is at P1,000.

If “migrant petition” or your petition filed with a civil registration office that is not registered with the birth certificate, the price will be at P1,500.
There are requirements needed to bring in correcting your document. These are copy of the birth record to be corrected, two documentation records, medical or baptismal certificates and other documents required by the civil registrar.
Supporting Documents
For R.A. 9048
  1. Certified machine copy of the birth record containing the entry to be corrected;
  2. Not less than two (2) private or public documents upon which the correction shall be based like baptismal certificate, voters affidavit, employment record, GSIS/SSS record, medical record, business record, drivers license, insurance, land titles, certificate of land transfer, bank passbook, NBI/police clearance, civil registry records of ascendants;
  3. Notice/Certificate of Posting;
  4. Payment of one thousand Pesos (P1,000.00) as filing fee . For petitions filed abroad a fee of $50.00 or equivalent value in local currency shall be collected;
  5. Other documents which may be required by the concerned civil registrar.
The whole process of correction has been around for almost three months.
It is because the local civil registration office will send the petition and documents to the agency’s approval for the PSA office. The PSA will be returned to the local civil registrar the petition to re-approve and prepare the certificate of finality. 
Filipinos abroad may also issue birth certificates by approaching the embassy or issuing a letter of authorization to the country in charge of adjusting it.
Remember, there is no online procedure to correct your birth certificate. The individual should visit and file the petition for correction in the civil registration office, where the individual’s birth certificate is registered.
For reference, read the full details in Philippine Statistics Authority website. Click the link here.

Mag-post ng isang Komento

0 Mga Komento